Sustainable Living Workshop Series
Since 1981, MUD workshops have provided Missoulians with hands-on experiences in self-reliance. Our workshops teach topics that help you live lighter on the land and lighter on your budget. Past topics include Small Engine Repair, Basic Auto Mechanics, Beer Brewing, Cheese Making, Alternative Energy, Tiling, a Start-to-Finish Gardening Series, and much more! Ranging in skill level from introductory to highly skilled, our workshops pair you with local experts who demonstrate skills and empower you to master them yourself.
COVID precautions: MUD will be taking many precautions throughout the workshop to promote the health and safety of participants, including limiting the number of participants, sanitizing all tools between uses, and maintaining a distance of 6 feet of space between participants whenever possible. Participants are encouraged to bring a mask for times when they will be working more closely with instructors.
Learn how to harvest honey with our new honey extractor. The extractor will be available to borrow from the tool library for a small fee all year round!
Saturday, September 26th 10am – 12pm
$10 MUD members/$20 nonmembers
Whether you’re new to beekeeping or a long-time enthusiast, join us to learn more about how to keep you hive healthy and happy all year round. Learn how to troubleshoot common issues, options for treating pests, and preparing your hive to make it through the winter.
Saturday, October 17th 10am – 12pm
$10 MUD members/$20 nonmembers
- Dress appropriately.
- Most workshops take place outdoors regardless of rain, snow, or heat. Please wear/bring appropriate layers, sun protection, and water.
- You may be working with some serious tools that can catch loose objects! Wear comfortable and well fitted clothing, close-toed shoes, tie back your hair, and be prepared to get a little dirty.
- Come a little early. Some classes can’t start until everyone gets here.
- You must be 18 years or older to attend without a guardian or parent present.
- We’ll provide tools and protective equipment to keep you safe. Some classes may require your own materials to complete the project. Contact us if you have any questions on what to bring for a workshop.
We know that sometimes life comes up and plans change. If you can’t make a workshop, please let us know as soon as possible. The earlier we know you can’t make the class, the better the chance we can fill your spot, ensuring that 1) instructors, MUD, and our partners are compensated appropriately for their time and effort, and 2) other people interested in the class have the opportunity to participate. With that in mind, our policy is as follows:
From purchase until 1 week before the workshop: full refund
1 week to 48 hours before the workshop: 50% refund
48 hours to workshop start: Sorry, no refund!**
**Your tickets are transferable at any time! If you have a friend who would like to attend the workshop in your place, you can pass your ticket on to them for free. Just send us their contact info to let us know.
We rarely cancel workshops but sometimes it is necessary due to extreme weather, instructor concerns, or low workshops signups. If MUD cancels a workshop, we will give participants the option to either attend a different workshop or receive a full refund.