Workshops for Sustainable Living
Since 1981, MUD workshops have provided Missoulians with hands-on experiences in self-reliance. Our workshops teach topics that help you live lighter on the land and lighter on your budget. Past topics include Small Engine Repair, Basic Auto Mechanics, Beer Brewing, Cheese Making, Alternative Energy, Tiling, a Start-to-Finish Gardening Series, and much more! Ranging in skill level from introductory to highly skilled, our workshops pair you with local experts who demonstrate skills and empower you to master them yourself.
A limited number of scholarships are available for all MUD workshops. Fill out the application here and a staff member will follow up with details to register for the workshop.
Cutting Board Workshop – June 26 & 27 9 am – 12 pm
Build your own custom cutting board with MUD. Whether you need to chop some veggies or serve up charcuterie, a new cutting board will help spice up any kitchen. No previous woodworking experience necessary and all supplies are included.
The workshop will run on Saturday and Sunday from 9 am – 12 pm. Participants will be asked to practice social distancing and wear a mask during the workshop. Tickets are $30 for MUD members and $60 for nonmembers Purchase tickets here!
- Dress appropriately.
- Most workshops take place outdoors regardless of rain, snow, or heat. Please wear/bring appropriate layers, sun protection, and water.
- You may be working with some serious tools that can catch loose objects! Wear comfortable and well fitted clothing, close-toed shoes, tie back your hair, and be prepared to get a little dirty.
- Come a little early. Some classes can’t start until everyone gets here.
- You must be 18 years or older to attend without a guardian or parent present.
- We’ll provide tools and protective equipment to keep you safe. Some classes may require your own materials to complete the project. Contact us if you have any questions on what to bring for a workshop.
We know that sometimes life comes up and plans change. If you can’t make a workshop, please let us know as soon as possible. The earlier we know you can’t make the class, the better the chance we can fill your spot, ensuring that 1) instructors, MUD, and our partners are compensated appropriately for their time and effort, and 2) other people interested in the class have the opportunity to participate. With that in mind, our policy is as follows:
From purchase until 1 week before the workshop: full refund
1 week to 48 hours before the workshop: 50% refund
48 hours to workshop start: Sorry, no refund!**
**Your tickets are transferable at any time! If you have a friend who would like to attend the workshop in your place, you can pass your ticket on to them for free. Just send us their contact info to let us know.
We rarely cancel workshops but sometimes it is necessary due to extreme weather, instructor concerns, or low workshops signups. If MUD cancels a workshop, we will give participants the option to either attend a different workshop or receive a full refund.