MUD BACKYARD SUSTAINABILITY WORKSHOP SERIES
For 36 years, MUD Workshops have provided Missoulians with hands-on experiences in self-reliance. Our workshops teach topics that help you live lighter on the land and lighter on your budget, including Beer Brewing, Cheese Making, Small Engine Repair, Basic Auto Mechanics, Alternative Energy, Tiling, a Start-to-Finish Gardening Series, and much more! Ranging in skill level from introductory/basic to highly skilled, our workshops pair you with local experts in the field who not only show you the techniques but also encourage you to try them yourself.
These workshops are for YOU, so feel free to contact MUD with suggestions on future workshop topics or instructors!
UPCOMING 2018 BACKYARD SUSTAINABILITY WORKSHOPS
- Ethical Valentine’s Day Bouquets – Feb 13 6:00 – 8:00 pm, Home Resources’ Community Room (Right next to MUD!)
- Blacksmithing 101 – Feb 24, AM session (9-12) and PM (1-4) session
- Tree Pruning – March 17 1:00-4:00 pm, Orchard Gardens
- -SOLD OUT- Woman-Led Carpentry Tool Series*- 3 sessions all from 1:00-3:00 pm: May 6, 13, 20, MUD Site *all gender identities welcome.
- Homesteader Series: Wildlife & the Small Farm – June 9 10:00 am-12:00 pm, Moon-Randolph Homestead
- Homesteader Series: Soil Science for the Garden – June 16 10:00 am-12:00 pm, Moon-Randolph Homestead
- Homesteader Series: Backyard Chicken Care – June 23 10:00 am-12:00 pm, Moon-Randolph Homestead
- Glass Pathways Installation: You’re invited to this free demonstration with tours and a bring-your-own picnic lunch. June 22, MUD Site
- Lunch Hour Solar Basics – September 20, 12:30pm @ MUD
- Community Bingo with a Tool Librarian! Win a little and ask your tools questions over a cider. Oct 2, 9, 16, 23 7-8pm, Western Cider
- Grapple: An Apple Pressing Competition! Learn to use the MUD presses and then see how fast you can go. Sep 29, 3-5pm at Western Cider’s Harvest Party
- Harvest Wreath Workshop: Earth Friendly Floral Design – Oct 30, 6-8pm, Western Cider
- Small Engine Basics – Oct 27, as part of the AERO Annual Expo at Missoula’s Fairgrounds
- Introduction to Butchering – Nov 1 6-8pm, Nourishing Cultures Kitchen
- Women-Led Tractor Maintenance in partnership with CFAC – Nov 10, 9am-3pm, High Stakes Foundation Warehouse
- -SOLD-OUT- Holiday Wreath Workshop: Earth Friendly Floral Design with Earth Within Floral Design– Dec 6, 6-8pm, Western Cider
- Butchering Workshop with the YWCA GRIT Program– Open to all young women and non-binary individuals, Dec. 1st from 1-3pm, Nourishing Cultures Kitchen
- Rainwater Catchment Design – Spring 2019 in partnership with the National Wildlife Federation
More to come!
HAVE A SUGGESTION FOR A WORKSHOP OR HAVE SOMETHING YOU WANT TO TEACH?
Well, tell us! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.