We are currently OPEN on Mondays and Fridays from 4 to 7 pm Saturdays and Sundays from 10 am to 4 pm for no-contact curbside tool pickup, drop off, and donations (details below). We hope to meet all of your tool borrowing needs while keeping the health and safety of our members, staff, and the broader community a top priority. In order for this to be the most effective, our site will remain closed to the public. We encourage members to stop by during our open hours to pickup tools. You may also reserve tools ahead of time via phone or email. Please be prepared to wait while your order is fulfilled.
Tool Reservation Process
- As of June 5th we will be returning to our regular open hours: M/F 4-7 pm and Sat/Sun 10-4.
- Walk ups during our open hours are encouraged for picking up tools. You can also reserve tools in advance.
- TO RESERVE TOOLS FOR PICKUP:
- Option 1: Call the tool library at 406-549-6790
- If you speak directly to a tool librarian they will reserve the tools you need and let you know when they will be available to pick up.
- Voicemail: Leave a message with your name, phone number, and desired tools. A tool librarian will call you back to confirm your reservation and let you know when the tools will be ready for pickup.
- Option 2: Email the tool library at email@example.com
- Provide your name, phone number, and desired tools and when you would like to pick up the tools. A tool librarian will call or email you to confirm your reservation.
- WALKUP ORDERS:
- Walkup orders will be accepted outside the tool library office adjacent to Wyoming St. Please do not enter the MUD site at this time and be prepared for the potential need to wait in line. One of our tool librarians will be happy to assist you with your order.
- For both reservations and walkup orders, it is helpful if you know exactly what you need. Please check our online inventory here.
- Payment: If required, the tool librarians will request your payment over the phone or you can pay through our Square site: https://missoulaurbandemonstration.square.site/. For walkup orders, please have a card handy. We will not be accepting cash at this time.
- Thank you for your patience as we work out this new system!
Pick Up Process
- We request that all members wear a mask or face covering when coming in to pick up tools. We also ask that you wash or sanitize your hands before picking up tools.
- When you come in to pick up tools, park on Wyoming Street in front of the tool library. There will be a table where you can wait to request tools from a tool librarian.
- Reservations will be labeled with your name. It will already be checked out, you can take it and go. You will receive an email confirmation with your due date.
- If other members are also picking up tools, please maintain 6 ft of space between each other.
- Check out length will remain the same (most tools are due back 1 week after checkout).
Tool Return Drop Off Process
- We request that all members wear a mask or face covering when coming in to drop off tools. We also ask that you wash or sanitize your hands before dropping off tools.
- We recommend sanitizing your tools before returning them to the tool library.
- Wear disposable gloves when cleaning/disinfecting. Gloves should be discarded after each cleaning.
- If tool surfaces are dirty, they should be cleaned using a detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
- For disinfection, most common EPA-registered household disinfectants should be effective. Follow manufacturer’s instructions for all cleaning and disinfection products for (concentration, application method and contact time, etc.).
- You can drop off tools during our open hours on Monday and Friday 4-7 pm and on Saturday and Sunday from 10 am – 4 pm.
- When you come in to drop off tools, enter the Home Resource parking lot and park near the entrance to our brick parking area (near the greenhouse). There will be a table labeled “Returns.”
- Please place your tools to be returned on the table. If tools are too large or heavy to be placed on the table, please place underneath or next to the returns table.
MUD’s Sanitation Process
- Members should clean tools before returning them. All returns will be left in the brick parking area to be disinfected and put away by staff.
- If it is not feasible to wipe down the tool, it will be put into quarantine for 5 days. After the 5 days have passed, it can go back into inventory.
- Staff will wipe down all door knobs, drawer handles, keyboards, etc, every hour.
- Staff will wash hands for a minimum of 20 seconds every hour or after handling returned tools.
- Staff will not report to work if they are not feeling well or displaying any flu-like symptoms. Members should also avoid borrowing or returning tools if they aren’t feeling well.
- Staff will wear gloves when disinfecting tools and wear masks if they are not able to maintain 6 feet of distance between other staff members or visitors.
We advise that people in the most at-risk groups (elderly people and people with immunocompromisation) do not come in to participate in this system at this time. If you are in one of these groups and would like to borrow a tool, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate or connect you to help.
We ask that those individuals who are exhibiting flu-like symptoms and/or have been in contact with someone known to be sick please refrain from borrowing tools. Common symptoms of the influenza virus may include the following: fever, headaches, fatigue, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, diarrhea and/or vomiting. According to the CDC, common symptoms of the novel coronavirus, known as COVID-19, may include: fever, cough, shortness of breath and/or difficulty breathing. If you are experiencing even mild symptoms, or have come in contact with anyone who is ill, please stay home.