After a brief closure due to COVID-19, the tool library is open and utilizing a new curbside lending process. We hope to meet all of your tool borrowing needs while keeping the health and safety of our members, staff, and the broader community a top priority. Please note that the MUD site – including shipping containers and urban gardens – are closed to the public, but members are welcome at our main entrances for tool pickup and drop-off.
- We have resumed our regular open hours: M & F 4-7 pm and Sat & Sun 10-4.
- We request that all members wear a mask or face covering when coming in to pick up tools. We also ask that you wash or sanitize your hands before picking up tools.
- To borrow a tool, park on Wyoming Street in front of the tool library. Walk up to the table to request tools.
- If other members are also borrowing tools, please maintain a distance of 6 ft.
- It is helpful if you know exactly what you need. Please check our online inventory here.
- Payment: Please have a card handy. We will not be accepting cash at this time.
- You will receive an email confirmation with the due date of your tool(s). Most tools are due back 1 week after checkout.
- Thank you for your patience as we work out this new system!
- We request that all members wear a mask or face covering when coming in to drop up tools. We also ask that you wash or sanitize your hands before dropping off tools.
- We recommend sanitizing your tools before returning them to the tool library.
- Wear disposable gloves when cleaning/disinfecting. Gloves should be discarded after each cleaning.
- If tool surfaces are dirty, they should be cleaned using a detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
- For disinfection, most common EPA-registered household disinfectants should be effective. Follow manufacturer’s instructions for all cleaning and disinfection products for (concentration, application method and contact time, etc.).
- You can drop off tools during open hours: Monday and Friday 4-7 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 10 am – 4 pm.
- When you come in to drop off tools, enter the Home Resource parking lot and park near the entrance to our brick parking area (near the greenhouse). There will be a table labeled “Returns.”
- Please place your tools to be returned on the table. If tools are too large or heavy to be placed on the table, please place underneath or next to the returns table.
MUD’s Sanitation Practices
- Members should clean tools before returning them. All returns will be left in the brick parking area to be disinfected and put away by staff.
- If it is not feasible to wipe down the tool, it will be put into quarantine for 5 days. After the 5 days have passed, it can go back into inventory.
- Staff will wipe down all door knobs, drawer handles, keyboards, etc, every hour.
- Staff will wash hands for a minimum of 20 seconds every hour or after handling returned tools.
- Staff will not report to work if they are not feeling well or displaying any flu-like symptoms. Members should also avoid borrowing or returning tools if they aren’t feeling well.
- Staff will wear gloves when disinfecting tools and wear masks if they are not able to maintain 6 feet of distance between other staff members or visitors.
If you are unable to visit MUD, prefer to stay home, or are otherwise in need of assistance, please contact us at email@example.com and we will do our best to accommodate or connect you to help.
We ask that those individuals who are exhibiting flu-like symptoms and/or have been in contact with someone known to be sick please refrain from borrowing tools. Common symptoms of the influenza virus may include the following: fever, headaches, fatigue, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, diarrhea and/or vomiting. According to the CDC, common symptoms of COVID-19 may include: fever, cough, shortness of breath and/or difficulty breathing. If you are experiencing even mild symptoms, or have come in contact with anyone who is ill, please stay home.