January is often a time of reflection and planning for the new year and for the MUD team it’s no different. Earlier this month our staff and board spent a cozy Saturday at the Missoula Public Library reflecting on our accomplishments from 2022 and getting ready for some exciting new projects in 2023.
In 2022 we:
- Had a record number of memberships at the tool library (sign up or renew and you could be our 600th member!)
- Had over 12,000 item loans
- Hosted 10 workshops with over 100 participants on sustainable living subjects such as blacksmithing, carpentry, beekeeping, tree pruning, butchering, and car maintenance
- Created several new sustainable living demonstrations including vermicompost, a rain garden, and a bee lawn
- Partnered with many local groups including becoming a member of Home ReSource’s Pledge Zero program
- Invested in our staff as we continue to grow and serve the Missoula community
And a few things we’re looking forward to in the coming year?
- Partnering with the Missoula Fairgrounds on a chicken raising workshop series and demonstration. Stay tuned for our first class in March – Chicken 101: Egg to Coop!
- Continuing to reorganize and expand our storage space so we have even more room onsite for our workshops and member projects
- Celebrating our planet during our Annual Earth Day event on April 22nd
- Expanding our workshop topics to include new classes on plumbing and sewing
What projects do you have on your list for 2023? MUD and our crew are ready to supply you with the tools and skills you need for all your home improvement, garden growing, chicken raising, sustainable living goals in the coming year!