MUD’s Truck Share has provided the Missoula community with a unique transportation alternative for over a decade. Use your bike, feet, and small vehicles for eco-friendly travel in the city; use our Toyota and Nissan trucks when you occasionally need a larger vehicle. Shared trucks mean we still have the resources we need to move large items, but individuals aren’t burdened with the monetary and environmental costs associated with owning large vehicles.
*Please review the Truck Share Policy carefully before submitting your application. Be sure to note the appropriate and inappropriate uses and other conditions.
Access to the Truck Share is a benefit for qualifying MUD Members. However, there is a small usage fee that helps us with truck maintenance, fuel costs, and insurance costs.
- Usage Fee: $5.00/hour & $0.55/mile*
*If you gas up the truck, MUD will deduct the gas cost from your total bill, provided you present a gas receipt when returning the truck.
Reserve a Truck
Reservations are made in 3-hour blocks unless other arrangements are made.
- Check Truck Share availability by clicking the tab at the top of the page
- Contact the MUD Office by phone (406-721-7513) or email email@example.com to make your reservation (Reservations must be confirmed directly by MUD Staff to be valid.)
- Pick up your truck on the day of your reservation and put it to use!
- Pay Truck Share Usage Fees when you return the truck
Worldwide Car & Truck Share Programs
Visit the Earth Garage to locate other truck and car share programs and to learn more about other sustainable transportation options in your area!
Truck Share Availability
- The calendar below should be used only to help you determine whether the trucks are available when you need them – You must contact the MUD Office by phone, 406.549.6790, or in person to reserve a truck.
- Trucks are not generally available for overnight usage. (If you need the truck outside of these hours, contact the MUD Office. Requests such as these will be considered on a case-by-case basis.)
- Plan to pick up and drop off the truck during MUD Office Hours or Tool Library Hours.