Current Available Internships:
MUD Sustainability Internships for 2016
MUD is hiring 1 paid student intern position for 2016 calendar year. Thank you to Missoula Federal Credit Union for funding this important internship for MUD!
**Must be enrolled as a University student to apply.
- Vested interest in sustainability and environmental issues and serving low to moderate income Missoula families;
- Self-directed and well-organized with good time-management skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Class background in nonprofit management, environmental studies, communications, or education preferred, but not required;
- Strong computer skills with experience in marketing and/or managing websites and social media preferred;
- Positive attitude and commitment to improving our community!
- Assist staff in development and implementation of an annual communications plan for MUD’s operations under the direction of MUD Director;
- Assist MUD Director in developing online content for social media, newsletters, and website, with an emphasis on promoting MUD’s Tool Library, Truck Share, and Sustainability Workshop programs while also helping MUD serve as a resource for community members interested in a sustainable lifestyle;
- Contribute to planning and execution of MUD public events and promotion of MUDs programs at Missoula community gatherings;
- Provide support to MUD director in administering MUD’s Sustainability Workshop and Youth Education programs and with guided site tours of MUD’s Central Demonstration Site;
- Assist with on-site operations of Tool Library and volunteer management as-needed;
- Assist with development of marketing materials, including brochures and site maps;
- Contribute to MUD’s ongoing demonstration projects and assist staff in program administration and other tasks as needed.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and 2 references to email@example.com, Re: MUD Sustainability Internship.
Application review will begin March 17, 2016, but positions will remain open until filled. MUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
General Internship Information
- Position requires individuals to be self-motivated, productive with limited supervision, capable of working well in a highly variable public environment with lots of diverse people, interested in MUD’s mission and willing to explain it to the public, and capable of collaborating with MUD board and staff.
- Position requires recruitment of volunteers specific to program needs. Position recipient is expected to implement programs/projects with support, training and supervision provided by MUD staff & Board of Directors, and to manage volunteers only in coordination with Program Director and/or Development Director.
- Fundraising is a significant consideration for all MUD programs. Volunteers are encouraged to participate in fundraising efforts through grant writing, community outreach events, and more, as is appropriate for their position and interests.
Training Offered by MUD
- Training for basic skills necessary to perform tasks associated with position can be provided by MUD board and staff (amount of training required/to be provided must be determined and agreed upon by all parties prior to commitment).